Contact & FAQ
Any question? An opinion to share? Get in touch with us!
Send your email to email@example.com, we will be happy to answer you.
Meanwhile, you might find answers to your questions here:
What is Identity Pursuit?
- Identity Pursuit (IP) is a fun, social app for self-discovery, created to help you learn more about yourself and your friends, and give you key insights into your personal life, your relationships, even your careers and life goals.
- Designed in close collaboration with psychotherapists, Identity Pursuit provides you with daily Quizzes that can help you identify your dominant personality traits (your Archetypes) and discover how you, your family and friends perceive each other.
- Included in IP’s design are 80 exquisite and imaginative illustrations that capture the beauty and power of each archetype’s unique essence.
What are Archetypes?
- Archetypes are words we use to describe symbols we all know. They have always existed in literature, stories, and myths; for example, King, Princess, Warrior, Beggar, Magician, Seeker, Artist. The famous Swiss psychologist Carl Jung described them as universal symbols in what he called the “collective unconscious”.
- Your Archetypes are the dominant facets of your personality that make up who you are; you project these “symbols” of yourself to others. Most of us don’t know which archetypes we “have”, so learning which ones seem to resonate with you helps you understand yourself better.
- That in turn helps you discover how to improve your daily life and your relationships!
What are Attributes?
- Attributes are traits that help define an Archetype. For example: the Survivor is resourceful and resilient, the Knight is brave and loyal, and the Storyteller is most often imaginative and entertaining. Attributes express themselves in varying degrees in each person and guide the perception that we have of ourselves and other people.
- In Identity Pursuit, these Attributes are divided into the Shadow (what do I need to be mindful of?) and Light (what are the strengths?) for each Archetype.
How does IP work?
- Each day, five Quizzes are available for you. At the end of the Quiz, you will discover by what percentage you correspond to this Archetype, which will help you determine if this is a dominant part of your personality or not.
- With this first step, you can get a better understanding of how you see yourself, consciously and unconsciously. But it doesn’t stop there! This is just the first step on the path to self- discovery! There are multiple levels of interactions across and between users you invite to join you (and who invite you to discover more about them).
- Once a Quiz has been answered, it is automatically sent to your friends so they can answer the same questions about you. Then you can see the differences between the way you see yourself and the way your friends and family see you. This comparison is often the most revealing step: your personality is made up of various facets that you express differently according to who you are with – your friends, your family, your colleagues, etc.
- Identity Pursuit also works on the principle of reciprocity! Your friends also answer Quizzes so you can answer the same questions about them. This gives you the opportunity to create a virtual circle of mutually beneficial exchanges.
Note: Note: Don’t be discouraged if you answer a few quizzes before you find an archetypal match. It takes time to begin to see who you are. There are such lessons in every archetype. So keep playing! The more you play, the more you will refine your archetypal profile.
Is IP a game or a tool or both?
- It’s actually a combination of game and tool that’s unlike other apps: it’s useful, constructive, and most of all, fun. It’s a way to use archetypes to experiment and explore who you are, a full-on adventure of nonjudgmental self-exploration in a playful “laboratory” that’s both informative and a lot of fun.
What do I get from playing Identity Pursuit?
- You learn more and more about yourself: how you see yourself, how your friends see you, how you see them and how those answers compare. How do your answers line up with each other? The differences invite deeper dialogues about the way we perceive each other and ourselves.
Who can I play IP with?
- Identity Pursuit is a true social network based on the exchange of perceptions between friends.
- As with other social network apps, you can invite as many people as you want. Theoretically, your friends and family are the ones who know you the best, so we suggest you start there! After playing awhile, you will find that you can also play with people you have recently met. (It’s fun to see how accurate your intuition and first hunches are!)
- You will discover that the app helps you gain fascinating and fun new insights about yourself AND allows you to discover other people’s impressions of you. Then you decide how you will use this new information. All of the tools are available for you!
Can I use Identity Pursuit as a therapy tool?
- No, Identity Pursuit is a game. It is not counseling or psychotherapy, although it has been carefully designed in close collaboration with a team of psychotherapists who have a deep understanding of Carl Jung’s body of work about archetypes.
- Its primary aim is to be a fun way to learn more about yourself. (With thanks to Carl Jung for first making us aware of the influence of archetypes in our lives!)
Who created Identity Pursuit?
An amazing team of passionate people spread around the globe: Writers, designers,artists, teachers, therapists, geeks, entrepreneurs … a fantastic collection of professionals who put their hearts and minds together to create an experience for all of us to enjoy.
So, come and join the party! Laugh. Learn. Love who you are !
Navigating Identity Pursuit
Home & IP Profile
- The Homepage is your entryway into the app. It gives you a starting point to access the wealth of information about your Archetypes and the actions orchestrated on the App by you or your friends.
- When you connect to the Homepage, you will see your IP Profile. Your profile is a summary of your progression on the path of self-knowledge. It shows you the Archetypes that you and your friends have identify as part of your personality aswell as the number of Quizzes you have answered.
- Your Profile has the shape of an octagon. Its angles point to the eight archetypes you have identified as dominant. The vision of your friends concerning your archetypes is summarized with three different icons:
- a green tick means your friends and you share the same vision
- an orange symbol means your friends' opinions are divided
- a red cross means your friends and you don't agree with each other
- The Notifications are displayed below your Profile. You will find here some useful informations such as the most recent activities of your friends and yourself on the app.
Quizzes about You
- On the Homepage, the “Answer for Me” button enables you to access your daily Quizzes. These Quizzes are the heart of Identity Pursuit, designed so you can better understand who you are by helping you discover new Archetypes and find out which ones are a major part of your personality.
- Each Quiz consists of four questions, and each question has four possible answers. As you read each question, simply tap the answer that feels right to you first. Then touch “Validate” to move to the next question.
- To make the most of Identity Pursuit, answer the Quiz questions as honestly as you can: the goal is to discover who you are. There are no wrong answers!
- When you have answered all four questions, you will see the results: the Archetype that corresponds to the Quiz that you just took, the Percentage you correspond to it and some statistics on the archetype. You may be surprised by the outcomes. Learning about yourself is the point of Identity Pursuit!
- This first result page gives you a short description of the archetype. By clicking and "Find out more", you can access to a detailed to a detailed description, a list of characters embying the archetype, an illustration as well as its Light ans Shadow attributes.
- When you have seen the results, touch “Continue”. A request will automatically be sent to your friends so that you can find out if they perceive you in the same way that you perceive yourself.
Note: You may leave the Quiz at any time, but if you leave before you have completed a Quiz, your answers won’t be saved. The app only saves completed Quizzes. It uses the completed Quizzes to build your Archetypal profile.
Quizzes about Your friends
- To know yourself, it helps to have input from friends so you can better understand how they view you.
- Once a friend has answered a Quiz, you receive a notification and can then compare your vision of him or her with his/her own.
- Tap their requests in your Notifications to access the Quizzes that your friends took or just touch “Answer for a friend” on the Homepage.
- When you take a Quiz about a friend, it is the same process you take with a Quiz about yourself, except that you are not choosing an answer that corresponds to you the most; instead it’s the answer that corresponds to your friend the most.
- When the Quiz is finished, a results page will appear to show the differences between your answers and a friend’s answers, statistics onthe archetype, and a short description of the result.
- By clicking and "Find out more", you can access to a detailed to a detailed description, a list of characters embying the archetype, an illustration as well as its Light ans Shadow attributes.
- Your friend can also see this page. Just as you may be surprised by the outcomes with the Quizzes you take, you may be just as surprised by how you and your friends answer the same questions about one another!
- You can discuss the results obtained by tapping “Discuss It”, which will take you to the Discussions section of the app.
- Your Notifications appear on the Homepage, right below your archetypal Profile.
- You will find useful informations such as the latest actions you or your friends did on the App.
- If you tap on a notification, you are directly lead to the corresponding screen.
- To access your account Settings; tap on the Menu icon on the top left of the screen and choose “Settings”.
- There you can change your email address and your password (if you signed up with email rather than Facebook) and allow notifications.
- This screen enables you to access the Terms of Service page.
- Finally, you can also log out from this screen. The next time you open Identity Pursuit, you will be asked to log in again.
- This page shows you all of the Archetypes that you have encountered.
- Tap on the “According to Me” tab to display all the Archetypes you have encountered.
- The "Friends” button also allows you to display the view of your friends.
- By tapping on the image of an Archetype, you can access its Archetype Details, which will give you additional information on its meaning.
- Tapping an Archetype gives you informations about it: how closely you match this Archetype according to your friends, and according to you and its statistics.
- A button enables you to share the score you have obtained on the archetype.
- By clicking on "Find out more", you can access more informations such as a list of characters embodying the archetype, its LIght and Shadow attributes as well as its detailed description.
- In the Menu, tap on the “Your friends” tab to manage your friends list. You will find all of your IP friends and a button to invite more friends.
When tapping the profile picture of one of your friends, you can access his/her page, with his/her IP profile. There you can see his/her vision of you, chat and access his/her archetypes.
On "His/her archetypes" page, you can answer quizzes for your friend by clicking the "Answer for him/her" button.
- By tapping “Add Friends”, several options are available to you.
- You can search for friends already playing on IP, add Facebook friends, send invitations by email or SMS, or enter the IP code of a friend.
- By the way, your own IP code is located just below the screen.
- This tab gives you access to all of the pending discussions with your contacts via the integrated messaging service for Identity Pursuit.
- It gives you the possibility to exchange messages with friends to enrich their perceptions or to simply continue a previous discussion about how each of you answered a Quiz.
- Select the friend you wish to contact to see all the messages you have already exchanged with each other.
- You can also start a discussion with a new friend by touching “New Discussion”, then choosing the person you would like to exchange messages with.
Signup through Facebook (recommended)
- When you first launch Identity Pursuit, you will have two options for signing up: through Facebook or through email. Signing up through Facebook gives you an optimal ease of use: you can seamlessly access your list of contacts and interact with them while you use the app simply by tapping the Facebook link.
- If you sign up through Facebook, the app will only have access to your public profile, your email address, and your contact list. It will not post anything on your timeline, unless you touch “Share.” It will then link you to Facebook where your Facebook account permissions will determine who sees the post on your timeline.
Signing up through email
- If you have chosen to sign up using the email option, you can still decide at a later time to use Facebook to retrieve your contacts.
- Signing up through Facebook is recommended over email because it makes finding your contacts simpler.
Who can view my IP Profile?
- All of your contacts that have an Identity Pursuit account can view your IP Profile and access your Quizzes waiting for answers from friends.
I forgot my password
- If you forgot your password, tap “Forget password?” to receive a new password at the email address you used when you signed up.
- This password will replace the previous one, but you can change it anytime by going to your Settings and selecting “Change your password”. This only applies if you signed up using an email address.
I’d like to change my password
- To change your password, go to Settings and tap on “Change your password.” You will be asked to enter your current password, followed by your new one. You will then be asked to confirm your new password. This only applies if you signed up using an email address.
- Your new password must include at least eight characters with a maximum of twenty. Your previous password will be replaced with the new one and it can no longer be used to log in to your account.
I’d like to change the email address associated with my account
- To change the email address associated with your account, go to your Settings and tap on “Change your email address.” You will be asked to enter a new email address as well as your password, followed by your validation of the change. This only applies if you signed up using an email address.
I would like to delete my account.
- Uninstalling the app does not delete data linked to your account. In its current version, Identity Pursuit keeps the data from your account so that it will be available to you if you decide to reinstall the app later on.
- If you decide to install the app again, you can log into the same account, using the same login information you used before.
Privacy on Identity Pursuit
Are my Archetypes, Quizzes, and IP Profile made public?
- Only your IP friends have access to your Archetypes, to the answers you have given in the Quizzes, and to your IP Profile.
Can Identity Pursuit post to my Facebook timeline?
- Identity Pursuit does not post anything on your timeline without your consent and without you yourself carrying out this action.
Does Identity Pursuit collect my personal data?
Identity Pursuit only collects the information that is necessary for its functioning; these elements vary based on how you’ve signed up for the app:
When you sign up through Facebook, the data collected is your public profile, your email address, and your contact list.
When you sign up through email, only your email address is collected; the app will then ask you to enter your first name and last name.
In addition, to search for more IP friends, the app can suggest that you access the contact list on your cell phone.
Will my data be kept if I delete Identity Pursuit from my device?
- In its current version, Identity Pursuit keeps the data from your account so that it will be available to you if you decide to reinstall the app later on. Uninstalling the app does not delete data linked to your account.
- If you decide to install the app again, you can log into the same account, using the same login information you used before.
On Apple iOS, I can't search for phone contacts anymore.
- When in the application you search for phone contacts for the first time, a pop-up window appears, asking you to allow Identity Pursuit to access your contacts. If you answer "no", Apple iOS doesn't allow the application to show you this pop-up again. To give access to your contacts, you now have to go to the "Settings" section of your phone, then to "Identity Pursuit" sub-section, and activate "Allow Identity Pursuit to access: Contacts".
On Androïd, I can't search for phone contacts anymore.
- When in the application you search for phone contacts for the first time, a pop-up window appears, asking you to allow Identity Pursuit to access your contacts. If you answer "no", some versions of Androïd don't allow the application to show you this pop-up again. To give access to your contacts, you now have to go to the "Settings" section of your phone, then to "Applications", then to "Identity Pursuit", then to "Permissions", and activate "Contacts".