Identity Pursuit is more than just a game. It’s an ingenious and intuitive tool that helps you discover and understand who you are through your archetypes – the patterns of your personality – that hold so many answers to why we all behave the way we do.
This fun, interactive game helps you to overcome stereotypes and better understand what makes each human being so unique. Strengthening confidence and empathy, the game will open up communications and ignite enlightening conversations. It raises awareness that will not only change your outlook on yourself, but that of your friends and family, as well as the rest of the world…
Playing Identity Pursuit
The game consists of 72 illustrated archetype cards and 4 voting tokens.
There are several gameplays available with Identity Pursuit. Here is an example which will let you see how you perceive yourself versus how others perceive you.
- Each player takes turns being the active player.
- To start the game, the active player picks 4 archetype cards from the deck and reads them aloud to the other players and then places them down face up for all to reference.
- Then active player assigns a number for each card, using their rectangular pad.
- With their 4 voting tokens, each player establishes a classification according to their own perception of the active player: from the archetype card that corresponds the most (green grinning token), to the one that corresponds the least (red shunning token).
- Each player keeps their own classification secret by placing their tokens face down.
- The active player establishes their own classification of themselves with their own voting tokens also placed face down.
- After all voting is complete, the active player reveals their classification, token by token.
- Then all of the other players simultaneously share their votes and everyone scores accordingly.
The Archetype Cards
The beauty of Identity Pursuit lays in the rich, detailed illustrations accompanied by the concise descriptions for each archetype.
They loved to play Identity Pursuit
(Testimonials from players of the original version)
“There is so much I love about Identity Pursuit : It brings people together and gives us all an opportunity to give affirmations about talents and temperaments. It is visually very pleasing. I love the exquisite drawings of the cards and enjoy pondering them. The questions are deeply probing and sometimes full of humor and lead to exploration and understanding of the archetypes. In our group, we all felt deeply connected and open to dialogue. I am excited about the archetypes I discovered in myself so far, and continue to have the images in front of me daily. I cannot wait to discover more in my fellow players and in myself .” – Heide Harris, MA, M.Div., Licensed Professional Counselor
“Identity Pursuit is an absolute blast! It is so much more than a game to me and my friends. We are all amazed at how this is a journey into how all of us tick. IP greatly enhances and exercises my intuitive powers and helps me deal with clients in my landscape company more effectively. The game just keeps on playing in me long after we have put it away for the night — and that tells me a lot.“ – Ted Carter, Owner of Ted Carter Inspired Landscapes
“My friends and I recently played the most amazing game called Identity Pursuit. We quickly found out that it’s more than a game; it’s really a kind of “magic mirror” into who you really are. I have worked deeply in a great variety of activities for personal growth and spiritual awakening in my life, but this is the first time I’ve ever experienced anything like this. And I had a great time doing it. In just one highly enjoyable evening, I gained an incredible insight into the “real me”, not just the superficial roles that I show the world, but the “person inside the person” that really makes me tick. And I wasn’t the only one — everyone who played gained a whole new perspective of themselves and their fellow players. Adding to the experience is the incredible art work of the game board and the cards used to represent the archetypes. Simply beautiful. Identity Pursuit brings a whole new level of understanding to the roles I play in life and how to embrace them in a way that lets me become the person I’ve always wanted to be. It’s ingenious. I’m looking forward to gaining an even deeper understanding of myself and those around me every time I play. I highly recommend it.” – Allen Koss, “Mind Aerobics” creator